Grab Weekly Coupons Here:

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I saved $52 at the grocery store today! You can too!


I am not the first person to do this, nor did I discover all of these saving techniques on my own. I just want to relay what I've learned so far to my friends and family to save $! Now that we have that straight, I'll tell you how I saved! First thing to do, besides start stockpiling your clipped coupons, is sign-up to receive your local grocery store's weekly specials/sales/etc., (Thanks for the tip Casey!) and also make sure you are signed up for the store's discount/member card. My local grocery store sends both weekly specials (Buy 1 Get 1, pricecuts, etc.) emails and sends out an additional {secret squirrel}Saturday only special sales. These Saturday sales are not even labeled throughout the store, but ring up with your member card. Sweet! (Make sure to print out that email or right down exactly which item is on sale before you head out).

Next, I head to one of my favorite saving blogs who nicely post the same grocery store sales for the week, and list coupons for the same products! They even sometimes add links to additional coupons on the items on sale, or just a reminder of a coupon that was in a previous Sunday paper.
Like this (found on Southern Savers):

Blue Diamond Almonds, 6 oz, at Orig Price --> $3.59 ($1.79)  <-- Sale Price 
Manufacturer Coupon-.50/1 Blue Diamond Almonds, (sign up) PRINTABLE <-- Link to printable coupon
Manufacturer Coupon-.60/2 Blue Diamond Almonds, SS 1/23 or SS 12/05 <-- Reminder about coupon found in the Smart Savers coupon insert in your papers on the dates listed 
Manufacturer Coupon-.60/2 Blue Diamond Bold Almonds PRINTABLE <-- Additional link to printable coupon 



So the Almonds for $1.79 - .50 coupon is now just $1.29 for an item normally $3.49! That's over a $2+ savings!




Also, this week Classico pasta sauce was on sale for $1.27/jar and I had a coupon for $1 off the same product (from scrolling through The Krazy Coupon Lady's coupon data base) making it only .27 cents! Yeah, I know...crazy right?! This is why it is important to hold on to your coupons once clipped, as much as they burn a whole in your {coupon organizer} pocket, until the item is also on sale! This, according to I am That Lady, is the number one mistake made by we coupon rookies: using coupons on regularly priced items just because you have the coupon. Try to resist the temptation, and hang on to them for these sales and extra savings!

This is just the beginning, so much more to learn out there, more on that later! :o)

Want to see what deals there are at your local grocery store this week? Check out the links below!

Chicago:
Dominics
Jewel

Carolinas:
Harris Teeter

Florida:


New York:

All:


DON'T SEE YOUR GROCERY STORE? Email me at thegypsywifesaves@gmail.com and I'll find their specials for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment